Maui Home Buyer's Tips and Tools
I truly enjoy working with buyers and finding that property that is the perfect fit. My role is to help you understand the process, help you negotiate the best possible terms, and make the process hassle free.
- Understanding the Process: I am here to guide you through the process--from negotiations, to managing the escrow, inspections and contingencies. The purchase process here on Maui differs from many markets. For example, here are a few ways buying on Maui might be different than in other areas:
- Our bureau of conveyances is on Oahu. That means all documents and all buyer/lender funds must be received two business days prior to closing.
- We close at recordation.
- We are an escrow state--a local title and escrow company acts as a neutral third party to collect and disburse funds. The title department researches the chain of title to the property and then issues title insurance.
- My goal is to help you:
- Negotiate the best possible terms and best possible price
- Improve your knowledge of the area and the market conditions
- Provide you with the contact information of trusted mortgage brokers, attorneys, inspectors and contractors for you to interview
- Find your dream property
- Make the process of Buying on Maui hassle free
Search Homes Right Now: Use the search tool to browse the wide variety of homes, condominiums, and land. You may also search by area, community, and lifestyle to learn more about the surrounding area before you invest in a property.
Register for the Home Finder and let your dream home come to you. Members can also create saved searches, collect their favorites and sign up for instant email alerts when new homes that fit their criteria come on the market.
First-Time Buyer? Read about some things you need to be aware of, if you're new to this process.
Buy Your Home with a REALTOR®: Read our buyer's guarantee and find out why working with a REALTOR® takes the guesswork out of buying a home.
Use the Mortgage Calculator to figure out what your mortgage payments will be on the home you want.
Out-of-Country Purchases: We can help you buy property here, even if you're in another country.
- 1031 Exchanges: if you are planning to enact a 1031 exchange, please let me know how I might assist.
Please fill out the form below and one of our qualified agents will be in contact to help you get started on your home search:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.