The newly reconfigured Kapalua Bay Course opens in its new location at the Kapalua Village Center
The new Kapalua Bay Course Pro Shop opens today at the Village Center next to Taverna Restaurant. In addition to proximity to great Italian food, the new location provides increased retail offerings, a complete grass driving range, 2 large practice putting greens and is located right below the Kapalua Golf Academy.
This relocation will provide the Bay Course with a complete grass driving range ( no more limited distance balls) and 2 large practice putting greens. Additionally, the retail offerings at the Bay Course should be able to offer more merchandise selections with the increased square footage of this location.
The Bay Course opened in 1975 and has become one of Maui's favorite courses for visitors and locals alike for its relaxed play and beautiful views. The 18 hole, par 72 course has been home to over 20 major championships, including the Kapalua Invitational and the Kapalua LPGA Classic. Now under management by Troon, the following changes will accompany the move to a new location in the center of the resort:
- The 1st hole on the Bay Course will now be what was previously the 7th hole (the Par 4 dogleg to the right up to an elevated green just below the Ridge Villas)
- A brand new cart path has been built to take golfers from the Golf check-in at the Village Center to this new 1st hole.
- All holes will progress forward from there, with old 8th hole repositioned as the 2nd hole.
- The Iconic oceanfront 5th hole, where you tee off and shoot across the water, will now become the 17th hole
- The new 18th Hole will be the Par 5 of old 6th next to Office Road, allowing everyone to finish up at the New 19th hole at Taverna :)
- The old guest service area tunnel just below the old Bay Pro Shop is scheduled to be updated to offer expanded guest services. You can pick up extra towels, tees, tee marker, etc.
- The plan is to eventually offer a casual food and beverage selection at this guest service station.
For communities situated along the course, these are the changes:
- Ironwoods: the Ironwoods will now look over the 16th and 17th holes
- Kapalua Golf Villas: the Golf Villas will now be situated on the 4th and 5th holes, with views overlooking the 12th hole as well.
- Kapalua Ridge Villas: the Ridge villas will now be situated along the 1st, 13th, 14th, and 15th holes, with views across the 18th hole
- Pineapple Hill and Pineapple Hill Estates: these residential communities will now be situated along the 6th and 7th holes
Book tee times at www.golfatkapalua.com
The Bay Course Clubhouse
2000 Village Rd, Lahaina, HI, 96761
Call (808) 669-8044 with any questions
Courtney M. Brown, R(S)
Island Sotheby's International Realty